Melissa is available to speak on the topics of marine biology, sharks and their relatives, being a woman in STEM, scientific literacy, and equality in STEM. Previous audiences have included students and teachers K-12, university students, educational administrators, and the general public. She can cater her talk to your specific audience, and below are the topics that she has spoken on before.
CHECK OUT HER 2017 TEDX TALK HERE
"I heard her speak on a stage, I was captivated by her words, blown away by her spirit and had goosebumps with every sentence she spoke..."
-TEDx fan Jamie Nielson
- Lessons from Sharks. WonderWomen in STEM Virtual Summit. Keynote Speaker. 2018.
- How To Use Podcasting To Protect The Ocean. International Marine Conservation Congress. 2018.
- Do it for the 'gram: How scientists can utilize the best of Instagram. International Marine Conservation Congress. 2018.
- Who lives, who dies, who tells their story: sharks through various culture lenses and how policy reflects that perception. International Marine Conservation Congress. 2018.
- Oceans. International Kids Marine Conservation Congress Plenary Speaker. 2018.
- Who lives, who dies, who tells their story: sharks through various culture lenses and how policy reflects that perception. BioTweeps Conference 2018.
- Defining Habitats and Habitat Use for Chondrichthyans. BioTweeps Conference 2017.
- Come Find Me: Defining Habitats and Habitat Use for Chondrichthyans. Oral presentation. ASFB-OCS Joint Conference. 2016.
- Habitat Use in Chondrichthyans. Oral presentation. New Zealand Marine Sciences Society and Australian Marine Sciences Association Joint Conference. 2016.
- Biology, Ecology and Conservation of Elasmobranchs. Poster presentation. Annual Symposium of the Fisheries Society of the British Isles. 2015.
- Opening panel for the Florida Marine Educators Association Conference. 2015.
- Sex specific differences in habitat use and migratory behavior shown in great white sharks (Carcharodon carcharias) in South Africa. Oral/poster presentation. New Scholars New College. 2014.
- Habitat Ecology of the Florida Scrub Jay. Oral/poster presentation. FLTWS-FLEPPC. Spring Conference. 2014.
Presentations can be tailored to various audience demographics and preferences. If you are interested in booking Melissa for a speaking engagement, please contact email@example.com